So you’ve always wanted to wear red lipstick, but you’re scared, and you don’t know where to start? I know many women are intimidated by red lipstick, and believe it or not, there was a time whereas an artist, I was too. Here are a few tips I hope will help you finally go for it!
- Buy a few different shades and try them on. Move around the room, house, or building. Lighting always plays a significant role in the overall appearance of makeup. Step outside in the daylight or stand near a window.
- If makeup isn’t your thing, keep your eyes to a minimum. If you’re not sure what to wear on your eyes, keep them bare. Add a good mascara, and call it a day.
- Don’t forget lipsticks come in different textures, so opting for something more on the sheer side at first is a good option.
- Plan your lip color with your outfit. Maybe you want to make a statement, or perhaps you don’t. A good red lip can almost make or break an outfit, in my opinion.
- Don’t be afraid! Remember, it’s only makeup. If you don’t like it, you can always simply wipe it off.
Here are some of my favorite red lipsticks:
MAC Cosmetics-Ruby Woo
Lisa Eldridge-Velvet Ribbon
Happy red lipstick hunting & happy Valentine’s Day and I hope to see you soon!
Couple: @taylorspach + @gaabrielmarques